Not sure if I’m coming or going

Homestead Smoke stacks in PittsburghWe returned from Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon, and now we get to go straight back again Thursday night. Gah!

My Hepatic Artery still isn’t delivering the blood flow required to get my Resistance Index (RI) on all parts above 5.0, where a good range is 5.0 – 8.0, so back under the balloon I go. Damned early too – which hopefully means I get to come home Friday, not Saturday.

The docs are going to perform Angioplasty on the artery again to increase the opening, which I hope works – because if it doesn’t, they will have to resort to a surgical solution. Not at the top of my list, but beats being dead.

It’s been nearly 2.5 months know, and I feel like a close resemblance of myself rather than a mere shadow, and I am beginning to gain my perspective back, so I’m no where near as apprehensive about this as I was on the first attempt.

Kiss the Chauffeur goodbye!

I am finally under my own power; released under my own recognizance. So I treated myself to lunch, bought some new batteries for my awesomely awesome watch, and bounced around the town and chatted with some friends and coworkers for quite a while. It was good to get back to the office, and I will be starting to do some work; albeit very limited, and for short bits of time – but I am going to start to get back into the swing of things so that when I do return to work, I don’t go back cold-turkey and wind up passed out with my face on the keyboard at 3pm.

OMG! We took the kids!

Ha! We did, both our goony little monkies went with this time and we all stayed in the hometel. That’s what Donovan used to call the Hotels we would stay in. It was mostly fun too, the boys were insane almost up until they were forced into slumber, and Dylan went all Rambo on a photo in the car on the way into town. They stayed up until 10pm or so, but that was mostly because we didn’t eat until after 7pm, and didn’t get back to the Residence Inn by UPMC until around 9pm.

Rather than suffer the entire Liver Clinic through our rampaging hoard, Litsa took the boys to Ikea , and loosed them into the ball cage. Since Ikea has a kid care, it was all good for everyone. I was a little bummed I couldn’t go, but I know it would have been a shorter trip since I don’t have the energy to walk around gawking at everything there yet.

She bought these great Dog Butt hooks to go on her wall, and they’re hilarious.

Luckily, for this next trip we have friends who are generous enough to be able to occupy our kids. This one would be a bit tough to work around with the kids, as I will have to be immobile and laying down for 4 to 6 hours after the procedure, and will be quite sore for a day afterward. Immediately after would be tough, since I would totally incapable of handling either of them. We are lucky.

One of these days I would like to go to Pittsburgh for no other reason than to have a good time….

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s